the joy of hex
So you missed out on all those cool magic items earlier in your campaign? And we all know it's a
chore to start all over! Fret no longer!
Follow these simple steps:
- First go backup all your save files!
- You need a Hex Editor and you can download the one Im using from BreakPoint or go to
ZDNet and do a search on Hex editors
- Start your editor and open up one of the savegame files.
- You'll see lots of alphabets and numbers but note a smaller column to the right, where if you
scroll downwards you'll see all your troop names. And yes there's a pattern to it. Name-lots
of dots-name-lots of dots-name ...
- To the left and larger column, you will also see a pattern of FFFF about 7 to 8 of them in a
row for every unit you have. These are vacant slots for your magic items; and any slots taken
up will always be to the left of where all the FFFF starts. And you can decipher any
existing items by using the table below
|0900||Shield of Ptolos|
|0B00||Heart of Woe|
|0C00||Potion of Strength|
|0D00||Horn of Urgok|
|0E00||Ring of Volans|
|0F00||Banner of Arcane Warding|
|1000||Banner of Wrath|
|1100||Banner of Defiance|
|1200||Mork's War Banner|
|1300||Staff of Osiris|
|1400||Wand of Jet|
|1500||Book of Ashur|
- And its simply a matter of replacing a vacant address (FFFF) with your choice of magic
item. Or overriding an exisitng item if u wish
- Save the file and try it out.
- Ofcourse if you do something stupid like assign a Bright Book to your Archers it will crash
- Um, if this works for you, thank Thorgrim not me ;-)
Back to main