Updated 29 April, 1998
- As usual, the Tips section and Walkthu sections has been updated. There's even a new
Walkthru II for the hand of Nagash episode. I've only managed to play 3 missions, which
are quite tough. And since I dont have a lot of free time, Ill try my best to finish the rest of it
by this weekend(Yes another update on 3rd May). hey I still have to work lah! and Yes
maybe I suck a little at Warhammer type games ---*not*!
- And while were at that, let me stress that the Walkthru serves only as a guide. It will not help
you win the mission (altho on second thot maybe they do) but will give you enough info to
formulate your own strategy and tactics. The AI on occasions can get
unpredictable so each mission can play out a wee bit different :-0
- And Davin from Malaysia's Star In-Tech daily has finished the Hand of Nagash episode!
You can follow his campaign in detail here. Does this guy kick ass or what!
- And speaking of of which, there are also a few guys in the Newsgroups who have already
finished the game! Do share your experience w us please!
- I found another Dark Omen website here by BM called Book of Wisdom. It's a pretty cool
page with lots of write up on ALL the units and items in Dark Omen. Check it out!
- Another link w some detailed unit attributes is here
- So mail me your DO URLs and I'll be sure to include them in my links! I've noted from
postings that folks still have to wait for another 2 weeks before all Dark Omen sites are fully
- Also for cheat updates, you can either drop by Lazydog's Downloads or go to these 2
places where I get trainers and cheats. Site 1 and Site 2
- Added another page of screenshots. Ho hum ..
- Ah, made a spanking new logo for the website. I originally planned to make the logo
clickable, w some hotspots but MS-Frontpage somehow messed it up(or maybe it wus my
fault. Duh). Anyway for those interested in Dark Omen graphics, there's tons of em on your
Dark Omen CD or hardrive(look under C:/Program Files/Dark Omen/Graphics)
- Added some menus so you can now go directly to your favorite page without scrolling
aaallllll the way down past all these mindless ramblings of mine :-)
- Made an animated banner of Lazydog's for Linkexchange. I posted a copy in my bio page
- Some kind soul told me my Sound page didnt work. Damn. I'll fix it later! And to the guy
who complained abt Cheat v1.1. link broken, its Fixed! thanks
- Planning on putting up somethning really cool in my next update. Yep, it'll be a surprise(I
hope) cos I havent unzip the program yet. But come back in a coupla days and Ill see what I
can do. We'll definitely have a Beta test! WoHoooo!
- Ok I have to confess. I've also been playing Starcraft. Well more like checking it out, cos Im
still busy w DO anyway. kinda like Warcraft II in space if u ask me. Plus a few other nifty
features thrown in. Check it out sometime :-)
so many games...so little time....*sigh*
Updated 23 April, 1998
- Yes! I've updated the Tips and Walkthru pages with a lots more stuff. Check them out!
Lazydog's finally done with the first Chapter of Dark Omen, got creamed by the end level
boss once too many times and did it on his third try with "acceptable" losses :-)
- I've also added another cheat program in Downloads. Mail me if you know of any other
- And about mails, thanks everyone for all your kind letters. I'll definitely strive to make
Lazydog's one of the best Dark Omen sites around! And since Ive also received requests to
use my tips and walkthroughs on other sites; feel free to do so just as long as u credit me! I
don't mind cos Im not making money out of this. It's all good fun :-)
- Ok. I've been asked to include multiplayer tips. I haven't had a chance to play 2 player
network yet. My housemate(read: cannon fodder) is away overseas, so until he gets back, I
won't be posting any multiplay stuff just yet. We have a peer-to-peer network at home
where we spend all our waking hours kicking each other's ass on-line.
- But till then you can get multiplay tips and info at Thorgrim's Dark Omen page. He's even got
- Can't seem to "Join" the Dark Omen webring. Keep getting these script errors. What's up
- All you Warhammer fans won't believe this but there is a Warhammer 40k Quake
conversion in the works! Unfortunately they don't do solo missions, just deathmatch stuff.
Just imagine Space Hulk done on the Quake engine. Mmmm...drool...drool...
- and there's even a Russian Dark Omen site! No screenshots tho.
- I've decided to do just weekly updates. Too much work for a lazy K9 like myself :-) but if I
find some really cool stuff and they cant wait Ill post them here ASAP.
- here's some alpha screenshots of Dark Omen. At least I think they're alpha cos the interface
- found a way to embed midi files, please stop laughing cos I'm a novice at HTML and still
learning. The last time I went to Stomped and saw all the cool stuff they did there I wept.
Anyway to test your kick ass speakers and impress your friends, click here! I would've put it
on *this* page but it might irritate visitors
- I stumbled on a Dave Mckean website. yes, soak up the truly awesome artwork! He did a
lot of the cover art for Sandman, Wasteland(John Constantine) and other dark themed
comics I'm mad about. Ok it's nothing to do w Dark Omen, except ..., well it's dark and
um,...nothing else really - see everyone next week!
Updated 19 April, 1998
- There seem to be a dearth of Dark Omen sites out there. I know, it's just been released and
I don't expect anything resembling a Dark Omen page till a month's time. Most of the search
returns were either Game reviews or Shadow of the Horned Rat sites. I recommend
Gamespot's review of the Dark Omen beta from a month back
- 2 really cool Dark Omen sites to check out are Fugitive and Electronic Arts very own site.
There's another newer EA Dark Omen site "shocked" methinks, and u may need the plug-in
but anyway ...
- For those not in the know, here's the Original creators of the Warhammer Universe. Of
which PC ports to date in chronological order are: Space Hulk, Space Hulk2: Vengeance of
the Blood Angels, Shadow of the Horned Rat, Final Liberation and ofcourse Dark Omen.
- Another DO-like game which I've played to death is Myth: The Fallen Lords, check out the
site. The battlefield view is shall I say , an industry first. Similar to Dark Omen but more
pronounced in terms of the lay of the land, as battles fought are done much closer in Myth
and you can actually see the much larger sprites hacking at each other. Dwarf satchel
charges blowing up a horde of undead is a sight to behold :-O
- For all you Dark Omen die-hards out there you can get your Win95 screensavers and the
10 Mb Demo here. Heck, spare yourself the download time and get the full game. Trust me,
Dark Omen rocks. And I've yet to get decent sleep when shouts of "Enemy sighted!",
"Target received!", "We FEAR the enemy!", "Charge!!", "Spell negated!", etc. lingered in my
head , n kept me awake till the wee hours.
- BTW if you're Malaysian and you have your own games page, mail me your URL and I'll be
sure to include it here. I'm hoping to get a definitive links to all Malaysian gamers sites.
- And if ur a regular visitor, mail lazydog as well. Soryy, I've yet to figure how to do an URL
submission form. But I'll be sure to work on it later. In the meantime, true to my namesake
I'd rather rest on my uhh.haunches. woof!!
- Wohoooo! Here's some Strategy tips from the guys at Star In-Tech Check it out!
- There's much more interactivity in Dark Omen this time around. You really feel you are part
of the story. I know. By the time I was done with the 11th mission as Morgan Bernhardt
-kickass Mercenary Commander and wielder of rune-inscribed Grudgebringer, I discoverd
to my utter dismay that friends have moved away, my girlfriend has left me, nations have
fallen, and some protected species of birds are no more ;-)
Lazydog can be reached at...
Dark Omen Chapter, Malaysia